of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which:
The League of Women Voters Education Fund
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels;
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process; and
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which:
We believe in:
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process;
- studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner; and
- enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
- respect for individuals;
- the value of diversity; and
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities.
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism;
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public;
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership; and
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.
- We are a nonpartisan political membership organization.
- We believe grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strengths of our organization.
- We believe that our organization models the principles of good governance.
- We consider well before taking action and prepare well before beginning to act.
- We believe that citizenship requires knowledge, as well as the ability and will to act.
- We believe that the responsibility of good government rests on the shoulders of its citizens.
- We believe that the rights of citizens at home and abroad are interdependent.